11 August 2009

Random

Here is Hulk. I know, it's kid-like having a pet spider. He (or she) has been living on our deck for about two weeks now. I observed the first week that he hadn't been eating. I assumed this because I take the dogs out so frequently I thought for sure I would seen a victim tangled in his web eventually. One day I decided to not only feed him, but name him. I now give him about 3 ants a day. They are red and black smaller ants. I smash them just enough so that they stop running but are still squirming. I bring the ant to the web and watch. It's cool as hell to watch him eat. It is the same order every time. He moves quickly to wrap the partially dead, moving ant into the web, repairs the damage I've done, then goes back to get the ant, picks a spot in the center of the web and starts eating. I think it's clever. Everyone feels bad for the ant...but I say that is what you get for not being born the big dog of bugs. Hulk survived the thunderstorm last night, I was eager to check this morning. I see now he has a neighbor. Word must be going around that we feed well. Ridiculous I know, but very entertaining. - JJ










Hooray, for the last week of random. I like having a theme. I take lots of pictures every week, yet it is so hard to choose what "random" picture to post. I have seen some other weekly photo blogs, that do themes with poems or quotes. I think we will do that too. That will be fun to try out. Anyways this is just a picture of Ryon and I, at a club, with roses in our mouths. Can you tell? Look you can see my pink necklaces, the red background, our eyes. Creepy a bit right? Well my hair had been straightened that night, by moi! =) But it was so muggy in the club, that it was allll sorts of frizzy. Soo I did a kadlidskope reflection effect and liked it. So this is my random photo.



~Bridgette~

2 comments:

Alaskangal B said...

The music on our page reminds us of jamming these songs when you came to see me. HUlk looks creepy. It is not kid like to have a pet..even a gross spider. I think it is weirdly sweet you feed him. I do feel bad for the ant.=)

BitterSweet said...

It reminds me of it too. That was a fun visit. SO Hulk either ran away or was murdered by the groundskeepers. Steve said they are always cleaning up so they may have knocked him down. When I first saw your pic I thought it was a piece of indian jewelry :) Cool effects!