01 September 2009

If a picture is worth a thousand words?

We are doing this weeks photos to this quote:

"Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson


HENCE the title of the post.


Basically putting a picture that WE each feel represents the words, to us. I love this idea because I have seen other great bloggers doing it and two it can really show differences in how people take a quote or a poem. Which I just get a kick out of.

My picture is of Mount Rainer flying home in September this year. I appreciate beauty...I appreciate this scene and I appreciate the courage it took me to take this...I reminded myself to breath and felt overwhelmed with anxiety to look out of the plane and take pictures of the ground below me and they sky next to me. Traveling in a small part of my world...I found beauty near me and the beauty of courage inside of me. - JJ




So my photo is in FlanderFields, it is a big WWI area. They have amazing things that really help remember that sad war and the amazing people that lost their life. They have these serene monuments, informational museums and neat trenches. PLus much more. This photo is from that. I think it is fitting. I read that quote and thought that it is saying you must find the beauty where ever you go, you must enjoy what you have before it is gone. Realize how beauitful we each are. So I wanted to post a picture of a one section in one of the graveyards of the thousands of men who lost their lives, a huge portion of which are unmarked. The dark lighting on the headstones and the light coming behind the clouds...signals " Moving On"...I am a believer in Heaven and God.. so that is what I think of with the light. And to me God truly is beauty.

1 comment:

Alaskangal B said...

I agreem it is a good thing to capture the moments of our courage.